Customer Support Technician
Did you know that 2/3 of every thing that you buy is brought to you by a Truck? Yet, over 80% of the trucking fleets survive on razor thin margins. They cannot expand or grow because of chronic driver shortages.
We are industry veterans who have seen these problems from the sidelines and wanted to do our part in fixing it. And we did by launching our company.
We know that trucking is not a glamorous industry. Rather than build yet another social app, we are bent upon bringing the Silicon Valley ingenuity into the old world of trucking and logistics.
We believe we are just getting started with an innovative product offering in this field. If you are interested in being part of “The Third Wave” as author Steve Case calls it in his book, you should join our small but highly motivated team.
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
We are looking for a competent Customer Support technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Customer Support technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
Nice to have:
- Experience with customer ticketing systems like Zendesk