Effective Date: Jun, 2017.
Revision Date: Feb, 2021.
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect Telematics Information via the Mobile App and from engine and related equipment in your vehicle in the course of, or as a result of, the operation or use of this equipment, including:
- Location / geo-location information from the Telematics equipment
- Location / geo-location information from Mobile App in foreground and background
- Location and IP address information from the Web Portal
- Session Cookies from the Web Portal
- Engine performance data
- Equipment performance data
- Equipment identification information
- Engine and equipment ownership information
- Engine parameters
- Equipment parameters such as DOT number, carrier name, and cycle rule
- Equipment load info such as equipment length, weight, height, and hazardous material status
Please contact email@example.com for more information or details about the Telematics Information we collect.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use this Telematics and Other Information to:
- Ensure compliance with the ELD Mandate (49 CFR part 395.8 ,395.32) and capture exact location of User status change. It is also to flag truck/tablet movement as unassigned driving if the driver, who is the User of the App for compliance, fails to log onto the App. Non agreement to share location will prevent login and/or may render the user’s electronic log invalid by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA).
- Enable the sharing of data associated with your equipment relating to fault, performance and configuration of engines and other components and assemblies on equipment
- Enable research and development activities associated with the telematics service provider’s products and services or Rigbot products and services
- Enable Rigbot to provide certain data analytics, diagnostic, maintenance and repair services relating to engines and related components and assemblies
- Enable telematics service provider to provide additional value added features to our customers
We share your Telematics Information with you (or the applicable customer subscribing to our telematics services), Rigbot employees, and Rigbot affiliates and subsidiaries.
With your approval, we also share your data with the FMCSA as per the compliance requirements of ELD Mandate (49 CFR part 395.8 ,395.32).
In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share Telematics Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Rigbot when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share Telematics Information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Rigbot if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce agreements between you and Rigbot, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Rigbot, our customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can find out what Telematics Information we have collected from you and still have in our possession by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about your Telematics Information you can contact your local dealer, contact email@example.com or call us at (844) 474-4268.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Telematics Information. However, since the Internet and other networks used to transmit and store Telematics Information are not 100% secure environments, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of your Telematics Information. There is no guarantee that Telematics Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATES
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), in order to provide our Telematics Services to you, we may send and store your Telematics Information outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Telematics Information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your Telematics Information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Telematics Information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our telematics services, customers who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of Telematics Information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
- QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
525 Junction Road, Suite 6500, Madison WI 53717.